We implement the Laser Induced Forward Transfer (LIFT) process for deposition of liquid and solid phase of organic and inorganic materials. The experimental setup for the LIFT technique is shown here. A thin film of the material to be transferred is deposited on a transparent carrier. The receiving substrate is placed in parallel and at a short distance to the film carrier, facing the film, under air or vacuum conditions. The distance between the transparent carrier and the receiving substrate can vary from near contact to several micrometers. The laser beam is then focused tightly, by a microscope objective, through the transparent carrier at the thin-film/carrier interface and transfers a small part of the thin film onto the receiving substrate.
Funding the last 10 years:
- H2020-FETOPEN-1-2016-2017, "Laser EnAbled TransFer of 2D Materials, (LEAF-2D)", project 2018-2021. NTUA coordinator. More
- Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EPAnEK), Paremvasi IΙ, “Laser printing of drugs (LP-DRUGS)”, project 2018-2021. NTUA coordinator. More
- Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EPAnEK), Paremvasi IΙ, “Development of a portable, fAst and reliable device for in-situ detection of pesticides and phthAlateS residues in olive oil (ELAIONAS)”, project 2018-2021. More
- Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EPAnEK), Paremvasi IΙ, “Laser wire bonding and assembly of electronic circuits (SYN-LASER)”, project 2018-2021. NTUA coordinator. More
- H2020 ICT-030-2016 SSI Smart System Integration, “A miniature Bio-photonics Companion Diagnostics platform for reliable cancer diagnosis and treatment monitoring (BIOCDx)”, project 2017-2019. NTUA coordinator. More
- Partner-Factories of the Future - H2020 - FOF-13-2016 Photonics Laser-based production, “High Performance Laser-based Additive Manufacturing (HIPERLAM)”, project 2016-2019. More
- IKY-DAAD (GREEK-GERMAN Bilateral) in collaboration with LZH “Laser induced production, printing and sintering of Nano Particles” 2016-2018.
- FP7- ICT STREP EU project, BIOFOS "Micro-ring resonator-based biophotonic system for food analysis" G.A. no. 611528, 2013-2016. More
- Marie Curie IAPP, “LaserMicroFab” (Laser Digital Micro-Nano fabrication for Organic Electronics and Sensor applications) 2013-2017. More
- COST Action TD1102 Photosynthetic proteins for technological applications: biosensors and biochips (PHOTOTECH) 2011-2015. More
- ESPA, SYNERGASIA I, “TFT solar” “Novel processes for the fabrication of new photovoltaic Si nanomaterials” 2011-2013.
- ICT-2009 3.3 STRP, e-LIFT (Laser printing of organic/inorganic material for the fabrication of electronic devices), 2010-2012. More
- Marie Curie IAPP, “Nanosource” (Μetallic and semiconducting nanoparticle source for electronic and optoelectronic applications) 2008-2012.
- Marie Curie IRG “BioLIFT”, “Fabrication of capacitive biosensors using the Laser Induced Forward Transfer process” 2008-2012.
- CORALLIA “labonchip”, Στοιχεία Μικροηλεκτρονικής για Lab-On-Chip Όργανα Μοριακών Αναλύσεων για Γενετικές και Περιβαλλοντικές Εφαρμογές, 2009-2013.
- Information Society Technologies, STRP “Micro2DNA” Integrated polymer-based micro fluidic micro system for DNA extraction, amplification, and silicon-based detection, Contract Number 027333, (in collaboration with LETI, FORTH, Oxford University, TYNDAL, NTE, INTRACOM), 2006-2009.
- Basic research project supported by NTUA «Numerical simulation and experimental study of the temperature distribution during laser annealing of semiconductors with laser.
- ΠΥΘΑΓΟΡΑΣ I: «Laser Fabrication of microstructures», ΕΠΕΑΕΚ 2004-2007.
- ΠΥΘΑΓΟΡΑΣ II: «Laser annealing of SiC and Si and optical characterisation», ΕΠΕΑΕΚ 2004-2007.
- GROWTH GRD1-2002 “Holographic Authenticity Sensors” (in collaboration with: THOMSON-CSF, 3D DIGITAL, UCL)