Ioanna Zergioti is an Associate Professor at the National Technical University of Athens, School of Applied Mathematics and Physical Sciences. She studied Physics at the University of Crete and she received the degree at the Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas, for her work on the growth of thin nanocrystalline Carbide films and mechanisms using laser based process. In the framework of her PhD work she worked for the fall semester of 1996 in the Mechanical Engineering Department at the University of California, Berkeley on the Laser Induced Forward Transfer process. After her PhD, she worked as a post doctoral researcher in the Max Planck Institut für Biophysikalische Chemie in Göttingen, on Laser matter interactions studies. Then, she worked as a post-doctoral researcher in the Philips CFT on Laser Sintering of sol gels for electronics until 2000. She was a researcher for 4 years (1999-2003) at the Laser Applications Division of the Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser – FORTH, where she developed works on ultrashort laser microstructuring (etching and printing) of metals, oxides and biomaterials. Since September 2003 she was appointed at the National Technical University of Athens, School of Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences and since 2013 she is an Associate Professor. Her main activities are related to the laser microprinting of biological molecules and laser matter interaction studies for biotechnological applications and organic electronics.
She has co-authored more than 80 publications in international refereed journals, 90 publications in conference proceedings, 3 chapter in scientific books, 3 granted Greek patents, 1 European patent. She has co-organised CLEO, EMRS and COLA conferences. She is currently coordinating two European Research projects, a Marie Curie IAPP “LaserMicroFab” and an ICT “BIOFOS”, and one National Research project ΕΣΠΑ, ΣΥΝΕΡΓΑΣΙΑ 2011 (11ΣΥΝ_1_1799) "NANOTHER: Μαγνητικά νανοσωματίδια για στοχευμένη θεραπεία με χρήση μαγνητικής τομογραφίας".
Ο Σίμος Παπάζογλου θα παρουσιάσει την εργασία με τίτλο "Laser printing of metallic and semiconducting nanoparticles inks for the fabrication of chemical sensors on flexible substrates" στο 6ο Πανελλήνιο Συνέδριο Μεταλλικών Υλικών, που θα πραγματοποιηθεί στα Ιωάννινα 7–9 Δεκεμβρίου 2016.
Ioanna Zergioti presented the work entitled "Laser fabrication of a hybrid platform combining electrical and optical interconnects" at the XXXII Panhellenic Conference on Solid State Physics and Materials Science, which was held in Ioannina, Greece on 18-21 September 2016.
Ioanna Zergioti presented an invited talk entitled "BIOFOS: Micro-ring resonator-based biophotonic system for food analysis" at the 4th Hellenic Forum for Science, Technology & Innovation which was held in Athens , Greece NCSR DEMOKRITOS CAMPUS on July 11-15, 2016.
Ioanna Zergioti presented an invited talk entitled "Flexible platform for laser fabricated electrical and optical interconnects" at the 9th International Symposium on Flexible Organic Electronics (ISFOE16) which was held in Thessaloniki, Greece on 4-7 July 2016.
Ioanna Zergioti will present an invited talk entitled "Biophotonics system for food analysis" at Nano-electronics Symposium of the European Innovation week which was held in Taipei, Taiwan on June 2, 2016.
Ioanna Zergioti is a member of the scientific committee: The 17th International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication which was held in Xi’an, China from May 23-26, 2016.
- Ioanna Zergioti presented the work entitled “Laser printing and patterning of conductive and carbon based materials and their applications”, with the following authors: M. Makrygianni, S. Papazoglou, F. Zacharatos, S. Chatzandroulis, I. Zergioti.
- Ioanna Zergioti presented the work entitled “Laser Induced Forward Transfer technique for the immobilization of biomaterials”, with the following authors: M. Chatzipetrou, M. Massaouti, S. Papazoglou, I. Zergioti.
Ο Σίμος Παπάζογλου παρουσίασε την "Πρωτοποριακή τεχνική εκτύπωσης λειτουργικών υλικών και μικροδιατάξεων με λέιζερ" στην έκθεση Patras Innovation Quest 2016 (PatrasIQ 2016), που πραγματοποιήθηκε από 15 ως 17 Απριλίου 2016 στο αθλητικό κέντρο «Δημήτρης Τόφαλος», Πάτρα.
- Ioanna Zergioti presented an invited talk entitled “Laser induced forward transfer: A technique for 3D manufacturing of functional devices”, [9738-11].
- Ioanna Zergioti presented the work entitled “Laser induced forward transfer: a novel tool for printing sensors and characterizing surface wetting properties”, [9735-13].
The Conference was held in San Francisco, United States, 16 - 18 February 2016. View Advanced Program
Ioanna Zergioti's group and LaserMicroFab attended innoLAE 2016 with three oral and poster presentations in "Lasers for additive and subtractive LAE manufacturing" workshop. innoLAE 2016 will be held in Robinson College, Cambridge (UK) on the 1st and 2nd of February 2016. Conference schedule
Η Ερευνητική Ομάδα με μέλη τους υποψήφιους διδάκτορες Γιάννη Θεοδωράκο, Μαριανέζα Χατζηπέτρου, Μαρίνα Μακρύγιαννη, Σίμο Παπάζογλου, τους μεταδιδάκτορες Μαρία Μασαούτη, Φιλήμονα Ζαχαράτο και εκπρόσωπο την Αναπληρώτρια Καθηγήτρια Ιωάννα Ζεργιώτη πήρε μέρος στον πρώτο κύκλο του διαγωνισμού με την πρόταση «Έξυπνη τεχνική εκτύπωσης λειτουργικών υλικών και μικροδιατάξεων με λέιζερ», κατά τον οποίο συγκαταλέχθηκε στους 10 φιναλίστ του πεδίου ΚΑΙΝΟΤΟΜΙΑ. Η Β΄ Φάση του διαγωνισμού ολοκληρώθηκε με τη διαδικασία της ανοιχτής, στο κοινό, προφορικής αξιολόγησης και την τελετή βράβευσης. Η Τελετή βράβευσης πραγματοποιήθηκε τη Τρίτη 23 Φεβρουαρίου του 2016. Η ομάδα βραβεύτηκε με το δέυτερο βραβείο στη κατηγορία της Καινοτομίας:
LaserMicroFab FP7-IAPP co-organised the workshop on “Laser Technologies” held at the 8th International Symposium on Flexible Organic Electronics 6-9 July 2015 in Thessaloniki, Greece. View Advanced Program
- Ioanna Zergioti presented the European project “BIOFOS: micro-ring resonator-based biophotonic system for food analysis”, on 9 February 2015.
- Symeon Papazoglou presented the work entitled “All-printed reduced graphene oxide gas sensors,” on 10 February 2015. The authors of this paper are: Symeon Papazoglou, Marina Makrygianni, Myrto K. Filippidou, Stavros Chatzandroulis and Ioanna Zergioti.
- Symeon Papazoglou presented the work entitled “Raman study for drug delivery applications and tissue imaging”, on 9 February 2015. The authors of this paper are: Symeon Papazoglou, Ioannis Theodorakos, Maria Patitsa, Apostolos Klinakis, Ioanna Zergioti, Yannis S. Raptis.
- The paper, ““High speed laser transfer (LIFT), thin-film patterning and selective sintering of printed Ag nanoparticle inks for electronic device integration on flexible substrates” has been accepted for Poster presentation and was presented on 10 February 2015. The authors of this paper are: Filimon Zacharatos, Stéphanie Leyder, Riccardo Geremia, Daniel Puerto, E. Biver, Ludovic Rapp, Philippe Delaporte, Anne Patricia B. Alloncle, Dimitris Karnakis and Ioanna Zergioti.
The Conference was held in San Francisco, United States, 7 - 12 February 2015. View Advanced Program
Ioanna Zergioti is a member of the organization committee of symposium CC: Laser and plasma processing for advanced applications in material science which was held at E-MRS Spring Meeting in Lille (France) from May 11-15, 2015.More
Ioanna Zergioti gave an invited talk entitled “Laser printing and functionalization of sensors” at the 16th International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication (LPM2015) on 26-29 of May 2015, Fukuoka, Japan
LaserMicroFab FP7-IAPP co-organised the workshop on “Laser Technologies for Organic & Printed Electronics” held at the 7th International Symposium on Flexible Organic Electronics 7-10 July 2014 in Thessaloniki, Greece. The primary goal of the workshop «Laser Technologies for Organic & Printed Electronics» was to promote laser technology and applications within the organic electronics community, focusing on both fundamental and applied issues concerning laser materials processing, characterisation and assessment, devices functionality, and applications.
Advanced Laser Technogies (ALT) 2014 was held in Cassis, France on 6-10 October 2014.View Advanced Program
Ioanna Zergioti has given an invited talk entitled “Laser print and functionalize sensors” on 7 October 2014.